Strategy and Orientation
When the strategic orientation of a service provider and the objectives of the customer are completely in line, an organisation achieves an added value which can be used in the market as a competitive advantage. A service provider differentiates themselves from the competition with strategic orientation.
Skills and competencies
The results of an engineering service provider, such as 3D models, specifications, flow diagrams etc, are not, or are scarcely not, differentiating factors for competition. Generating these results are the fundamental skills, i.e. basic requirements, in order to produce the required service provision.
The differentiation in competencies for an engineering office lies in the work processes. The inherent implementation of service provision understanding is defined by the "collaborative" in collaborative work. The service provision understanding must effectively and efficiently translate and exceed the expectations, values and objectives of the customer, in order to enable sustainable performance and a long-term customer relationship.
Engineering service provision: Our understanding
For us, engineering service delivery is an interdisciplinary team result in which all our employees must have the same understanding in order to cooperate in a goal oriented manner:
"We understand engineering as a service to allow the customer, at any point in the development or modification phase of their plant, to achieve or prepare actual and current, relevant technical and commercial information in order for them to be in the position to be able to confidently make long-term decisions."
In other words: We plan so that you can make fast, future-poof, correct decisions. We keep this in mind in everything we do and measure ourselves against it.
The clear-sighted, innovative adaptation of the planning processes in the decision-making process of the customer is the core competence GID would like to present to the market.
Therefore, during the planning phase of a technical plant, the following values and objectives are always raised as strategically valuable. Some main examples are:
- Convergence: Demonstrate technical and commercial alternatives in order to specifically reduce:
- Unit operations and possible apparatus and machine selection
- Budget and cost estimations for planning, procurement and installation
- Supply concepts for production or outside production
- Speed: Make information available to enable decision making as soon as possible
- Material excerpts for pipe work, cement and steel construction, electrical, instrumentation and control
- System independent, transferable 3D reviews
- Development of innovative service provision products such as hybrid documents
- Interfaces: Systematically support interfaces in the planning processes
- Software development for the optimisation of standard IT solutions
- Databank systems for comprehensive information exchange
- Company standards for the documentation of enquiries
- Cooperation partners with long-term interest in collaborative working
- Communication: Communicate planning status promptly in order to be able to react flexibly
- Video conferencing, TeamViewing, desktop sharing
- Virtual project platforms
- Innovative service provision products for planning status issues optimised for revision and feedback, such as interactive 3D model PDFs
- Controlling: Planning schedules synchronised with the customer's decision making deadlines
- Plan to Decide analysis for individual project fit between the planning and the decision making process
- Critical Path analysis for planning integration with the higher-level, customer time schedule
At customer request, GID offers individually technically tailored tenders.
In the classic structure of planning service provision which accompanies the higher-level Life-Cycle customer decisions, our portfolio covers all project activities for new construction or modification of process plants. We offer:
- Studies and budget estimations
- Basic engineering and investment projections
- FEED engineering
- Detail engineering
- Procurement in the name and on behalf of Client
- Field engineering
- Technical site management and health and safety management
- Commissioning support